Because some of us aimed to have a bedroom that looked like the interior of a Limited Too.
1. Before you had an iPod you had HitClips
The most important 60 seconds of the song was all you needed, anyway
2. You finally convinced your parents to get you one of these:
Argument: letting you eat Lunchables was just as dangerous
3. And for the really persuasive:
(You didn’t know your parents were eavesdropping)
4. They haunted your dreams but you collected them anyway:
Now you know why you weren’t allowed to watch Gremlins
5. How can something be so cute/ugly/creepy at the same time?
Extra points if you had the “Treasure Troll Search For The Wishstones” Board Game
6. You might have spent most of 1999-2002 untangling these:
I ordered mine from dELiA*s
7. These were proudly displayed until you went to college:
Over 11 million sold in ‘98-99, yet they were still so covetable and hard to find
8. Before Instagram and Facebook walls there was a great invention called the Polaroid Izone Camera:
9. When it came to seating, you had two options. Comfort:
(Black tattoo choker not included)
10. ..or style
11. A Caboodle Case for your very first makeup
Inside: LipSmackers and Wet N Wild
12. If a journal had a lock on it it was sure to deter your brother/sister/frenemy/parents
*Remember to hide keys
13. Inflatable picture frames
14. GELLY ROLLS!
No journal entry would be complete without them.
15. A fuzzy rug to match your sweater/hat/purse/Furby
It just really showed your personality
16. Two words: VHS COLLECTION
Not shown: plain black VHS tapes of your favorite TV shows that your dad recorded
17. If you didn’t keep your Princess Diana or Garcia Bear in a case then you weren’t a true collector.
And never, I repeat NEVER cut the tags off
18. Crafter or not, you most likely had a few of these laying around:
> friendship bracelets
19. Does my crush like me?? Will I get homeroom with Ashley?!?! It was so accurate!!
..except when it said “Try Again Later”
20. We all had an X-Files phase:
Key chains were totally a thing.
21. Your parents hated whatever adhesive you used to stick these suckers on the ceiling
They either eventually all fell off or you still can’t get them down 10 years later
22. Poo-Chi, the pet that never slept
If you lost the bone you were really screwed
23. And lastly.. no bedroom was complete without a giant wax smiley face candle